TWIS#16 Microsoft ALL IN, Netsuite and RightNow news
I had some great feedback this week from people who subscribe to this, that sometimes they find it hard to dig through all the content in TWIS, so a summary would be great. The irony is I’ve long given a summary to the Linkedin group, but never here- so starting today, you’ll both see the summary.
In TWIS this week:
- Microsoft announces it’s “all in” for cloud, Ballmer emails every Microsoft employee and asks them to re-evaluate what they are doing and how it relates to the cloud.
- Forrester shows it’s Cloud Privacy Map- be aware of other countries data laws.
- “Local Cloud” adoption in Europe is slower than in the US according to ScaleUp
- Channels in SaaS- Netsuite launches new 100% commission reseller program. What are the effects on their business?
- RightNow aims to change the licensing practices of the “big boys”, accuses Salesforce of having “up to 30% shelfware”. Oh and some rather bad taste marketing to accompany it.
- Topspin Media sharing their internal metrics and process for measuring success- very insightful
- Mobile Roadie’s mobile app platform- now with Android and starting to be a competitor to Adobe?
- And other SaaS news!
Like the summary here too? Email me your feedback- email@example.com
I’ve long said, never underestimate Microsoft. Any company that can spend $9.5 billion dollars on R&D should never be sidelined. Yes, they’ve made some strategic errors in going to SaaS, but in a large corporation changing direction is like steering a container ship, slow and hard work. Their problem has been that they’re configured for the old world of enterprise software, long development cycles and big bang releases of installed software. The world has changed and finally it seems like Microsoft is changing too, Steve Ballmer said yesterday:
As I said today, when it comes to the cloud, we are all in. We are all in across every product line we have and across every dimension of the cloud.