SaaS and the Channel- what is happening? Part #1
Anders Trolle Schultz came to London recently and I got to spend some time with him on his short visit. For those of you that don’t know him- Anders is one the leading lights in SaaS and Cloud in Europe and in particular routes to market or distribution. He helps a number of vendors, both large and small with their SaaS strategy and since I’ve been remiss in posting text blogs recently, I thought it was a great opportunity for some video blogs.
I’ve been wanting to catch up with Anders for months- in December we collaborated in putting together this presentation (below) to the UK IAMCP chapter on the changing landscape for Resellers in the Cloud World, as many of know you is turbulent.
Anders comes at IT from a really interesting angle- he’s worked in IT, Supply Chain and Consumer goods- he really understands the value proposition of IT to the buyer. He always reminds me- “WHY IT, not HOW IT”, which is good, as technologists we often love technology for technologies sake.
Some people have said- the Cloud represents a “Perfect Storm” for the Channel –what is making that storm happen?
In this first part of a three part series, we cover:
· How does the supply chain (i.e. the channel) need to change?
· Where do people fit into the supply chain in the future?
· What do people need to do to transform? What services will they be providing?
· What is the transformation that IT is going through?
· Where is the budget going?
· Why isn’t the Channel happy?
· Should the Channel embrace cloud?
· Why is the Channel in a place to take advantage of the Cloud?
Next week: we discuss the top ten tips for Channel to take advantage of the Cloud.